The deposit submitted with the application for the yoga teacher training and yoga retreat is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies the Kaivalya Yoga, at its discretion, permits students to attend any other scheduled course/retreat within the period of one year. We recommend that applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they can devote their full attention to our yoga programs.
- Kaivalya Yoga takes an ancient approach to yoga. Students will come to understand the wisdom that yoga manifests. All our teaching and learning methods are designed so that ethical practices can be naturally understood and respected by Kaivalya Yoga students.
- Each day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to the seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) ensures a healthy life. Students are expected to adhere to this concept at all times.
- Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules for how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. This behavior is to be understood by all yoga practitioners. At Kaivalya Yoga, we expect our students to practice it sincerely and honestly.
- Before students register for our TTC, they should know that these traditional teachings may differ from those of the West. Students may even find fundamental differences in the understanding of yoga from that which they have learned in the West. Students should be open-minded and willing to learn from the ancient traditions.
- Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are discouraged by Kaivalya Yoga. Yoga is not a fitness regime, but rather a lifestyle and spiritual path. Students who apply for the teacher training course or yoga retreat at Kaivalya Yoga must be willing to commit to the strict regimens undertaken by true yogis for thousands of years.
Code of Conduct
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Taking absence from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned is considered a gross breach of discipline and will not be tolerated.
- A student must indicate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- Kaivalya Yoga does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Ensure that you are on time for class as you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has started.
- Before departure from the retreat students must settle all dues and return all library books.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
Enforcing these guidelines enables Kaivalya Yoga to offer the best yoga in Rishikesh. Click here to see our upcoming teacher training dates.